Friday, September 28, 2007

I've Arrived!

In the days before I left, there was a lot of scrambling to pack and get my bags so that they were under the required weight. I left Tuesday, worried that my bags would get through. As it turned out, I had no problem at the airport and no problem going through customs in St. Petersburg! Praise God! Thanks for all your prayers for this!

I arrived a little early in St. Petersburg on Wednesday evening. It took almost a couple of hours to reach the place I will be staying for the next couple of weeks. My son Sergey met me at the airport and as soon as we dropped off my stuff, we headed to McDonalds so I could have a late night dinner with all four of my kids. We had a great time and I enjoyed seeing the kids smile, laugh, and tease each other. I don’t think they had all gotten together like this since my last visit in April. It was good for all of us to be together.

I got back to the apartment I’m staying at about 11:30pm that night, after being up for about 30 hours. I was tired and went straight to bed. However, the St. Petersburg mosquitoes didn’t want to let me sleep! It felt I was up every 20 minutes or so turning on the light to swat another mosquito that was buzzing around my ears and making too much noise! I think I killed 6-7, but I didn’t get much sleep! So, I was up the next morning at 7:30am to do some unpacking and get ready for the day.

Sergey wanted me to meet him at McDonalds at 9:30am for breakfast. He likes to meet so we can talk and discuss things. It was good to sit there and visit with him, but it’s a 30 minute compute by metro to get to the nearest McDonalds close to his home in the Northwest part of the city. We had a great visit and there were several things he was anxious to show me and discuss. There were several serious subjects that he wanted to have a private conversation on including Masha’s situation. Please be in prayer as I continue to discern about what to do and how to best help her.

No comments: