Thursday, April 5, 2007

Nancy's Update from Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Dear John,

Email your Orphanage 24 group and tell them to bring slippers for Hospital 15. Tall Anya (one of the Transition Home residents and volunteers at the hospital asked us to be sure to bring slippers to the hospital because the staff has complained about Americans who track through the hospital in outside shoes. They also have over-shoe paper covers there if your group wants to get them, but they need to remove their shoes.

Had a great time bowling yesterday. Your Masha refused to come, but we had three boys who joined us. I have some great photos.

Two of the Road of Life girls were baptized Wed. night
by Cecil (former Transition Home parent). It was a wonderful service and was worth our having to rush off and leave the bowling group eating at McDonalds and our going without dinner to be there. It was also wonderful to see Ira come up out of the Baptismal waters wearing an LSU Baseball t-shirt my daughter had sent with the t-shirts she and her friends had collected - a double blessing for Ira. I told her that when I show that picture in my church they will all stand up and cheer!! I'll have a LARGE one made for you - I know you're a big Tiger fan!!@!

THE SNOW WAS WONDERFUL!! I finally figured out the problem with my prior trips - you were here!!! You must be a snow blocker!! We leave you at home and we get snow. This is a sign!!!

Have a safe trip and we'll see you Friday night.

Nancy

No comments: